ESA in Leadership at the C.E.C.
Envision Science Academy is very proud to have several staff members in leadership roles with the Council for Exceptional Children. The C.E.C. works to provide professional development training for teachers in the state of North Carolina on strategies for meeting the needs of our exceptional children population. Exceptional children is an umbrella term that encompasses both the special needs population and the academically gifted and talented population.
- Xaviera Johnson is the NC CEC President Elect and Conference Co-Chair as well as the President for the NC subdivision of The Association for the Gifted.
- Jennifer Snyder is the Co-President for the NC CEC's Division of Learning Disabilities.
- TaKira Murphy is the Vice-President of the NC subdivision of The Association for the Gifted.
- Donna Ecton is the Treasurer for the NC subdivision of The Association for the Gifted as well as an NC CEC Regional Representative.
- Rick Isham is the Region 3 Representative for the NC CEC subdivision of The Association for the Gifted.
ESA also would like to recognize our staff who received awards in recognition for the work they do for our students.
- Susan Hewlett received the 2022-23 NC CEC Instructional Support Professional Award.
For more information about the North Carolina Council for Exceptional Children visit their website by clicking HERE.
For more information about The Association for the Gifted visit their website by clicking HERE.
ESA's 1st grade made the news! The Wake Weekly ran an article detailing the unit our first grade team put together all about bats. Students learned about all the ways that bats benefit the environment through project based learning and ended the unit by making bat houses.
the world is waiting
"The World is Waiting" video was filmed, in part, at Envision Science Academy. The video was commissioned by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (U.S. Dept. of Energy) and co-produced by STEMedia (North Carolina) and Sea Legs Media (Oregon). In the video, Dr. Nehemiah Mabry delivers motivational poetry to promote STEM education and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders. Envision was selected as one of the filming sites based on its status as a STEAM school. Several of our students and facilities are featured in the film.