- Applicants must be North Carolina residents at the time of open enrollment.
- Applications may be submitted anytime during the open enrollment period.
- Currently enrolled students do not need to reapply during open enrollment.
- All applications received during the open enrollment period are considered equally.
- Applications are NOT considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- New students and siblings (including siblings of multiple births) of currently enrolled students must apply during open enrollment by completing the online application process.
- Applications indicating that the applicant is the sibling of a current student will be verified by the school prior to being placed in any sibling lottery. If the school is unable to verify that the applicant is a sibling of a current student then the applicant will be treated as a new student.
- Envision Science Academy offers the following student preference:
- Children of full-time employees and board members are automatically admitted, as long as this preference does not surpass 15% of the overall student enrollment of the school.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students who apply during the open enrollment period and are identified as a sibling of a currently enrolled student will be given enrollment preference in the upcoming academic year. If there are more siblings than openings in a particular grade level, a separate sibling lottery will be held.
- Multiple birth siblings will be entered into the lottery as one applicant. If that application is selected during the lottery, all multiple birth siblings shall be admitted into the school, despite the number of open seats. Multiple birth siblings the will be placed on any established waiting list in alphabetical order by first name in the order their original lottery number was placed.
- Kindergarten seats for 1% of our student population for the upcoming school year, will be set aside for Economically Disadvantaged students.
- In the case where there are more applicants than seats available, a lottery will be held on the scheduled date and time at 590 Traditions Grande Blvd, Wake Forest, NC to fill seats by grade level.
- A sibling lottery will be held if there are more sibling applicants than seats available.
- Applicants are not required to be present for the Lottery.
- Applicants that are present at the lottery will know if they have been awarded a seat or their position on the any waiting list established on the day of the lottery.
- Siblings of current students will be placed at the top of the respective grade level waiting list.
- New students will be placed on the respective grade level waiting list, in lottery placement order, after siblings of current students.
- Multiple birth siblings will be added, by lottery number, to the waiting list in alphabetical order by their first name.
- Applications submitted after the enrollment period and resulting lottery will be placed at the bottom of the respective grade level waiting lists, regardless of sibling status.
Notification and Admissions Package:
- A declined seat or a seat not accepted by the deadline will be offered to the next waiting list applicant for that grade level.
- The two-week (10-business- day) response window is applicable during the enrollment period and resulting lottery only.
Time frame for parents/guardians to accept offered seats during the waiting list process will be based on the following four phases:
|Phase 1||90 days prior to the 1st day of school - 5 business days to accept or decline seat offer and complete admissions form, and 5 business days to submit supporting admissions documents|
|Phase 2||60 days prior to the 1st day of school - 3 business days to accept or decline seat offer and complete admissions form, and 5 business days to submit supporting admissions documents|
|Phase 3||30 days prior to the 1st day of school - 3 business days to accept or decline seat offer and complete admissions form, and 3 business days to submit supporting admissions documents|
|Phase 4||1st day of school and beyond – 1 business day to accept or decline seat offer, complete admissions form, submit supporting admissions documents, and be in attendance on next school day, except those with prior approval|
Envision Science Academy is a non-profit, tuition-free, North Carolina public charter school. Enrollment is open to all students per the North Carolina General Statute (GS 115C-238.29F(g)), which states that no student shall be denied admission based on race, origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, disability or academic ability.