Classroom & Student Technology
Over the past several years we have been working to create a technology environment in every classroom that is essentially the same. This process started before we moved from our previous locations into our permanent home. Below is an overview of the technology.
- 55" - 65" LED 4K Television
- Chromecast wireless digital media player
Each year we have expanded the quantity of devices available for student use in the classroom .We are currently at a 1 to 1 student to device ratio. These devices are in charging carts that can be moved from classroom to classroom to allow for greater flexibility.
During the school day students at all grade levels may encounter the following devices while working in class.
- Chromebooks - Compact, lightweight, rugged laptops that run Google's Chrome OS. These devices are ideal for student use because they are easily managed in the enterprise environment, they are inexpensive and very durable. Below are the models we currently have deployed for student use in the school.
- Lenovo 100e Chromebook - Intel Celeron N3350 processor, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB memory, 11.6" display.
- Lenovo N23 Chromebook - Intel Celeron N3060 processor, 4 GB RAM, 16 GB memory, 11.6" display.
- Lenovo N23 Yoga Chromebook - MediaTek MTK 8173C processor, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB memory, 11.6" touchscreen display.
- Hewlett Packard G4 EE Chromebook - Intel Celeron N2840 processor, 2.16 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 16 mB Memory, 11.6" display.
- Lenovo N21 Chromebook - Intel Celeron N2840 processor, 4 GB RAM, 16 GB memory, 11.6" display.
- Apple Macbook Air 13 - Currently the only traditional laptop device deployed.
- iPad Mini 1/2/3
- iPad Air 9.7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0
Primary Connectivity and Infrastructure
Envision Science Academy is provided high speed fiber connectivity through North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN) which is managed by MCNC in Research Triangle Park. The NCREN initiative also provides network monitoring and analytics, advanced content filtering, and infrastructure services. Internally we use a variety of high speed copper connections and fiber between our network connection points, classrooms, and other resources. This allows us to provide a robust wireless network for students and staff. Our internal networks is comprised primarily of Cisco / Meraki hardware.
Envision Science Academy employs a full time Technology Manager and a full time Instructional Technology Facilitator. You can reach our tech help desk by emailing email@example.com